We may change this Policy from time to time, so please check back often. If we significantly change our collection, use, or disclosure practices, we will try to send you a notice via email, if you have provided us with an email address. This Policy is effective as of October 1, 2019.
This Policy will notify you of the following:
- What information we collect from you
- How we collect your information
- How we use your information
- With whom we share your information
- Security measures to protect your information
- How to control the collection of your information and how you can correct any inaccuracies
- WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information that may or may not directly identify you. We collect the following categories of information:
- When you sign up for our HanleyLED App, we collect your name, company name, email address, and phone number
- When you use our HanleyLED App, we collect usage information, including at least Text, Font, Size, Depth, Module, Power Supply, and Cabinet Dimensions data as well as other usage metrics such as users, sessions, and populations over a certain time period
- When you submit requests online through our Request a Layout page, we collect your name, company name, phone number, email address, and mailing address
- When you submit questions or comments online through our Contact Us page, we collect your name, company name, phone number, and email address
- When you visit and navigate our Services, click on third party links provided on our Services, or open our emails, we collect technical information about your use of our site and the electronic devices you use to use our Services, including IP address, device identifier, cookie, and viewing information
- NO USE BY CHILDREN
We do not intentionally collect any personal information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our Services are all only directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older. By using our Services, you represent that you are not under 13 years of age.
III. HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
- Direct Collection
We collect much of the information listed above directly from you when you submit it on our Services. If you do not want to share this type of information, you can choose not to participate in a particular service or activity.
- Indirect Collection
- THE TYPES OF TECHNOLOGIES WE USE INCLUDE:
To opt out of tracking through Google Analytics, please contact us via the contact information provided at the end of this Policy. You can also learn more about this technology and how to opt-out of this feature by installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
Social Media: The website permits you to use third party social networking platforms, such as Facebook®, Twitter®, and LinkedIn®. This includes use of social media plug-ins such as Facebook “Like” and Twitter “Tweet”. When you use these social networking platforms and plug-ins, your username and password for each platform may be shared with us. In addition, they may be able to collect information about you, including your activity or may notify your connections on the social networking platform about your use of this website. Such services may allow your activity to be monitored across multiple websites for purposes of delivering more targeted advertising. Please note that their own privacy policies apply, and we encourage you to read them. We may add new social networking plug-ins and buttons to our websites from time to time.
- HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience: your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs
- To improve our Services: we continually strive to improve our Service offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you
- To maintain the integrity of our Services: we use data we have to verify activity and/or investigate suspicious activity or violations of the terms and conditions set forth in this Policy
- To improve customer service: your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs
- To send periodic emails: we’ll send you information on products and services tailored to your interests
- WITH WHOM WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We provide information and content to partners and service providers who support our business, such as by providing technical infrastructure services or analyzing how our website and/or HanleyLED App are used. In addition to the third party marketing partners we listed above, we also share information with our affiliate Grimco, Inc. ("Grimco") to provide a relevant and consistent user experience. When you click on the “Buy Today” button on our website, you are directed to Grimco’s website at www.grimco.com or www.grimco.ca , where you can obtain more information about our products and ways to purchase the products. When you use the “Request Quote” option on our HanleyLED App, we share your information with Grimco and ask them to contact you with pricing information. When you use the "Email PDF" option on our HanleyLED App, we send an email with your information to the email address you provided. In order to automatically send emails when you use the "Request Quote" or "Email PDF" option, we utilize the Sendgrid and Constant Contact email platform.
We impose strict restrictions on how our partners and service providers can use and disclose the data we provide, and we do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your information to outside parties, except when we have your permission. However, we may disclose your information in order to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
VII. SECURITY MEASURES TO PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via this website, your information is protected both online and offline. Wherever we collect sensitive information, that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the webpage. While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
Although we have the above data security safeguards in place, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our services, and you do so at your own risk.
VIII. CONTROL OF INFORMATION COLLECTION AND HOW TO CORRECT INACCURACIES
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number provided at the end of this Policy or on the website’s Contact Us page:
- See what data we have about you, if any
- Change/correct any data we have about you
- Have us delete any data we have about you, including tracked data
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each of our emails.
- MISC. PRIVACY INFORMATION
- Do Not Track
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in their web browsers. While the U.S. Federal Trade Commission has endorsed DNT, our website does not support DNT codes. Except in the case of analytics cookies, remarketing and other features of Google Analytics described above, our website limits tracking to the internal uses described above and does not track your use across multiple websites. However, other websites to which we link may. Please review their privacy policies to understand how you may be tracked.
- Social Networking Sites
- Third Party Links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these third party sites.
- California Privacy Rights
California residents are entitled to additional protections under California Law including the right to request information about third parties to whom we disclose information for marketing purposes. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our visitors who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of “personal information” (as defined in Section 1798.83(e)(7)) to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please email us at the contact information below, and make sure to state that you are a California Resident.
It is anticipated that after January 1, 2020, California residents will have additional rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 ("CCPA") (California Civil Code Section 1798.100), including the right to:
- request what personal information we have collected about you, where it was sourced from, what it is being used for, whether it is being disclosed or sold, and to whom it is being disclosed or sold;
- “opt out” of allowing us to sell your personal information to third parties;
- require us to delete your personal information with some limited exceptions such as completing transactions, detecting security incidents, and complying with legal obligations; and
- receive equal service and pricing even if your exercise your privacy rights under the CCPA.
The CCPA also provides that if a company has a privacy notice that allows you to opt-out or opt-in to the use of your personal information by third parties (such as advertisers or affiliated companies) for marketing purposes, the company may instead provide you with information on how to exercise your disclosure choice options. If you are a California resident and wish to request information about how to exercise your third party disclosure choices after January 1, 2020, you must send a request to the following email address or mailing address:
Hanley LED Solutions
ATTN: California Privacy Rights
11745 Sappington Barracks Road
St. Louis, MO 63127
Please include your name, street address, city, state, and zip code (your street address is optional if you wish to receive a response to your request via email). We will not accept requests via phone or fax. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information.
- EU Privacy Rights
We do not market our products or services to persons located in the European Union. However, for those located in the EU, we do use reasonable efforts to abide by the privacy rights contained in the EU's General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR"). If you are located in the EU and would like to make a request in accordance with the GDPR, please email us at the contact information below, and make sure to state that you are an EU Resident.
If have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org .